Monday, May 12, 2014

Two Fowl For You?

I cooked these two organic, free range chickens for Mother's Day. For those who thought I might have been a vegan, I'm sorry to say I do enjoy a well-cooked bird whenever I can.

Someone told me these were too foul, and I agreed in a matter of speaking. They are two fowls, and that's no baseball analogy.

During our meal I reflected on how tasty these birds were, even though they weren't the best presented entrée I'd ever seen. As an author, that caused me to reflect on the first book of my trilogy, THE CHRONICLES OF SUSAH.

Though mostly well-received and positively reviewed, the dominate negative comment on my debut novel at Amazon is that the story is great, but the book is not. I knew that shortly after publishing my second book, THE LOST DRAGONEER, and was sorely tempted to write a revised second edition of THE DRAGONEERS back then. I shared those intentions with my readers via my Facebook fan page and the response was overwhelming against it.

They wanted the third book more than they wanted an improved presentation of the first adventure. Who could blame them? Susah's adventures are captivating, and what happens next is most desired product of any series you're following.

So that's what I did, and now THE LAST DRAGONEER is available in Kindle. The printed version of this third book is going through yet one more proof review before it will go final, which should be soon. Now, I'll be turning my writing energy toward the revised second edition of THE DRAGONEERS.

If you've already read it, you can rest assured the story isn't changing; however, the scattering of typos, grammatical errors, and formatting issues will change. What will emerge is a book worthy of being called a good book, along with being a good story. I'll post about my progress as it continues.




No comments:

Post a Comment